7/1/10

ANIM 629 - Color maps

The alleyway project continues now! This week I spent time creating the textures for the alleyway objects. Using the photos that I had taken, I combined a number of them into a suitable texture map that could then be mapped to the UV coordinates (read up on how ALFRED was UV mapped to get an idea of what that means). Essentially, I had to piece together about fifty different images to get the maps below, but they turned out really good, I think.



I did a quick rendering test after I got the textures all created to see how the color maps would look on the models. Not too shabby:

Next up I get to create the bump and specular maps for all of the objects in the scene. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Elder Max and Sister Pat said...

I can't tell if it's a photo or magic.