Thesis Project: Kobol Modeling Progress

This week I spent some time doing some touch up work with the top surfaces.  Thankfully, I was able to remember a few of the tips and tricks that I have picked up during my personal study of Maya and did some massaging to the polygons.  I used the original NURBS surface to snap the polygon points to so no matter where I moved them, they always stayed on the surface.  That helped to maintain surface continuity and allowed me to help blend things out.

Matching up the top to the bottom has been a pain, though.  I got all the way through with it only to discover that the bottom had one more row of edges than the top.  I have a few things I can try, but we'll see how well they work.

No comments: