10/8/09

Voice Acting

Anyone who knows me, or at least has had to endure my morning routine of practicing cartoon voices while getting ready in the morning (Adam Allred, I'm looking at you... figuratively speaking), knows that I have a bit of an ambition to do some voice acting some day for cartoons. I think it's fun to come up with characters and how they might talk, developing their personalities along with it all. I admire those that do it as a profession, especially the talented ones.

Recently I stumbled upon some videos of the voice actors of The Simpsons. Not only is that show one of the longest-running sitcoms ever, it is the longest-running cartoon show ever. Now that we've all become accustomed to hearing the various voices related to certain faces, it seems odd to see them coming from real live people. Here are a few of my favorite clips:









Another one that I wanted to show, but embedding is disabled:

Genius, pure and simple.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Those are clips are fun. Almost as fun as not knowing which cartoon character was going to be in my bathroom every morning.

Rachael said...

I loved the clips.