6/26/10

ANIM 629 - Texturing & Lighting

This class will be an interesting experience when I try to blog about it. Essentially, for this class, I am doing a bit more of an in-depth look into how to texture and light models in Maya. For the first half of the class, I am working on texturing and lighting an alleyway scene. You can see the bare model here:


Not very much to look at, huh? Well, the best way to get a 3D model to start looking real is to go out and photograph real world textures. That's how any texture gets started. So, for the past few days, I have been going out in the morning to go collect textures from around Provo. Here are a few of the two hundred or so images that I have taken:





All of these images are 12 megapixel resolution because the more detail that is in there, the better. There is some correction work to be done in Photoshop, but the foundation is there. This is fun to learn about and I am excited to get going.

No comments: